Q. Where can I get tax forms or IRS publications?


Tax forms and publications can be obtained online at www.irs.gov or ordered over the telephone by calling 1-800-829-3676.

For direct access to U.S. federal tax forms and publications, visit the IRS Forms and Publications page. At this site, you can scroll through a list of current IRS publications, select the document you need, and print it.

Many of the most popular tax forms, instructions, and publications are available to the public free of charge at the Denton Public Library and at the downtown post office at 101 E. McKinney St.

Our Taxes Subject Guide is a detailed guide to U.S. federal and state tax resources, including printable IRS forms and publications.

Need help filing your tax form?

Several programs provide free assistance with filling out and filing U.S. income tax forms:

  • United Way's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) members are available at the Denton Public Library at selected times during the weeks before April 15 to help you fill out your forms and answer tax related questions.

  • The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help to people who earn less than $42,000.

  • The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Program offers free tax help to taxpayers who are 60 and older.

  • The military also has a strong Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. The Armed Forces Tax Council (AFTC) consists of the tax program coordinators for the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.

Call 1-800-829-1040 to find the VITA/TCE location and hours nearest your home and to see if you qualify for any of these programs.

Please do not ask librarians tax law questions. They are not tax law specialists. Instead, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for tax information.

  • Last Updated Mar 20, 2018
  • Views 0
  • Answered By Dianne Jansing

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0